Can not believe I was saying it was wet yesterday afternoon! Yea, we were out and about in it then. But last night was something else. All was calm as the sun went down. We had dinner and then a little breeze started. Then it howled. Then it stopped… It started to bucket down after that! I was running around on deck making sure all hatches were closed properly and put the dodger (awning) sides up, trying to stop the on slaught of water from getting down the entrance. It was wet.
I woke this morning to a full Gary glass off. The ocean was as flat and as calm as a lake. The sun was shining without a cloud up there and any signs of what happened the previous 6 hours during the dark had gone. The upside to all the rain was that the waterfall we looked at yesterday, which then was just a rock face without the major attraction of ‘water falling’. However, this morning, we were greeted with an awesome sight! The last waterfall we visited was in the hills south of Adelaide, South Australia a few years back. So that means winter time, jumpers, beanies and bloody cold weather. But here, it was quite the opposite. I haven’t changed out of the same pair of boardies all day! So it was the perfect morning shower that one could ask for.
We relished this beauty of nature for a couple of hours and kind of forgot about that spring tides were in full force and the water was dropping. We left the waterfall to head back to Nandji to find ‘la diva’ the tender high and dry on the rocks. Whoops.
So we remain in Nara inlet on the anchor for tonight. There is 20 knots predicted for the night, so we will just relax here in this close to 360 degree protected anchorage. Worked well last night, so why change if it isn’t broken.
Hopefully get a bit of reception tomorrow when we make our way out of this inlet and around the other side of Hook island to a different anchorage. Get another forecast and see what lies ahead for the week. Hopefully no changes have occurred in this unpredictable weather of recent. There was a bit of west wind and a chance of northerlies predicted over the next day or two, which will delay our mission out to the reef. But for now it is all speculation until I lay my eyes on another forecast.
The trade winds blow south easterly, day in day out, so to have this little confusion the forecast is finding out about. As there is not a lot of protection from winds in these directions out there. Once we know we have light south easterlies for a few days, then we are game on! Yew!
Dry June remains in full force…
Over and out